Ohio Ballroom Dance Teacher College
With the Ballroom Dance Teacher’s Academy at ConfiDance, you CAN begin a career you will love for the rest of your life! We have four regular intensive courses available. Choose Rhythm, Smooth or both.
The Junior Associate courses cover the first half of the bronze syllabus. The Full Associate cover the second half of the bronze syllabus. Take one or all of them. In less than 6 months you could be highly trained, certified and ready to teach anyone – anywhere!
Who Is This Program For
Our comprehensive Teacher Training program, based on the Internationally-recognized DVIDA® American-Style Syllabus, incorporates the 3 essential aspects of teaching dance.
- Syllabus Training
- Comprehensive knowledge of all figure patterns as both Leader and Follower
- A precise, detailed and universal “language” for teaching
- Musicality, history and technical aspects for each dance
- Posture, frame, footwork, movement, timing
- Regular homework assignments and in-class presentations
- Development of teaching and presentation skills
- Exams (dance & theory) and written tests
- Optional Professional DVIDA® Certification (additional fees apply)
- Body Mechanics (Move Like a Champion)
- Create exceptional dance posture and poise
- Learn specific, anatomical actions to produce beautiful dancing
- Acquire the knowledge and tools to help your students improve their posture, arm styling, foot action, balance and expression
- Interpersonal Skills (SalesfreeSales)
- Customer-focused, principle-based and high-integrity system
- Learn how to create long-term relationships so that “sales” happen naturally
- Tools to create constant success in all relationships
These Courses cover all of the material necessary for taking a Professional DVIDA Certification exam. Completion of ProDVIDA certification of Associate Smooth and/or Rhythm qualifies you to be listed as a “Certified Dance Teacher” with NDCA (National Dance Council of America).