- This event has passed.
Peak Performance Dancesport
March 6, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
Spark Your Creativity with this Innovative Dance Method
Peak Performance Dance Method is a class created and taught by Michael Curtis. It is a series of interdependent exercises that build on one another. Dancers work on a series of progressively complex exercises to develop an ability to first connect with a partner, then access emotion, then finally to bring choices and response to choreography.
The Peak Performance Dance Method consists of lectures and exercises broken into 4 classes:
- The Psychology of Performance Anxiety & Peak Experience
- Using Elements of Dance to Create The Bigger Picture
- Using Partner Focus to Enhance Communication
- The Emotional Character & Performance Choices
During this workshop, you can expect to learn:
- Awareness of what may cause your anxiety on the dance floor
- Recall “why” you are dancing and use it to regain your center
- Understand and initiate actions that make up all movements commonly performed
- Develop intentional and clear focus
- Tune into the micro-movements your partner is using to communicate with you
- How to display authentic emotion
- Understand what choices you have in preparing your performances
This is a 4-week workshop. Each class is 75 minutes. This will spark your creativity and reignite your passion to dance.